Do your kids love taking photos but are not quite ready to handle a real camera yet? If so, then they will love this adorable DIY toy camera! This toy camera can be made with basic household supplies and will inspire your kids to take pictures of their favorite things. This camera is easy to make, and your kids can express their creativity by coloring and adding extra decorations. They can make it as decorated or as simple as they like! Watch this video for the full tutorial. The materials and instructions are listed below. Read full tutorial…
I love decorating for Christmas! Recently (thanks to Pinterest) I’ve become more of a “do it myself” kind of guy and have enjoyed creating my own Christmas decorations.
If you’re looking for something that you and the kids can do to add a homemade touch to your Christmas décor this year, look no further. I’ve created some ornament patterns that you can download and print out for your kids to create one-of-a-kind ornaments.
- A printout of the ornaments pdf (If you want, you can print it out on thicker paper to make them sturdier.)
- Hole punch
- Craft supplies to decorate the ornaments (I used glitter pens and colored markers for mine.)
- X-acto® knife (optional)
- Print out the ornaments and cut around each ornament on the dashed line.
- If you would like to, you can use the X-acto® knife to cut out the patterns within the ornaments.
- Once all the ornaments have been cut out, use the hole punch to make a hole at the top of each ornament.
- Use your craft supplies to decorate the ornaments however you like.
- Once all the ornaments are decorated and dry, cut some pieces of ribbon and string one through the hole at the top of each ornament. You can staple or tape the ends of the ribbon to make a loop.
- Now display your homemade ornaments around the house. You can hang them on the tree or even hang them from the top of a door. Get creative and have fun!
We’d love to see your ornaments! Share a picture of your ornament creations with us on our Facebook page.