Terms of Service:
By accessing the Blog, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement, all applicable laws and regulations, and further agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this Agreement, then you agree to immediately discontinue access to the Blog and the use of any services. As a result, your continued access to and use of the Blog shall be deemed consent to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. The materials contained in the Blog are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. If these terms and conditions are construed as an offer of use of the Blog by BJU Press, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
1. Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from BJU Press to you any BJU Press or third-party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with BJU Press. You represent and warrant that your use of the Blog will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party.
BJU Press, blog.bjupress.com, bjupress.com, bjupresshomeschool.com, the blog.bjupress.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Blog are trademarks or registered trademarks of BJU Press or BJU Press’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with the Blog may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Blog grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any BJU Press or third-party trademarks.
2. User Content and Submitted Materials. If you comment on, post material, post links, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Blog (any such material, “Content”), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, videos or audio files. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- you are at least 13 years of age;
- the downloading, copying, and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including, but not limited to, any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites, boost the search engine rankings of third-party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing), or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
By submitting Content to BJU Press for inclusion on the Blog, you grant BJU Press a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt, and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing, and promoting the Blog. If you delete Content, BJU Press will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Blog, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not immediately be rendered unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, BJU Press has the right (though not the obligation) to, in BJU Press’s sole discretion, (i) monitor any content submitted to the blog, (ii) accept, edit, refuse, or remove any content submitted to the Blog, at any time, for any or no reason, or (iii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Blog to any individual or entity for any reason, in BJU Press’s sole discretion.
3. Permission Usage. You are not granted license to or ownership of any Content, including, but not limited to text, graphics, videos, or audio files, which you may access on or through the Blog. However, permission is granted to read, print out, and download one copy of limited portions of the materials on the Blog for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the Content;
- use the Content for any commercial purpose or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Blog;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the Content; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the Content on any other server.
Under this license, permission is also granted for you to link the Content on the Blog to your personal social media or your personal website/blog(s) on the condition that you clearly (i) provide the name of the person or group to whom the Content is attributed, (ii) state where you found the Content, and (iii) link back to the place on the Blog where the Content originates. BJU Press does not enter into reciprocal link agreements or accept link solicitations at this time.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by BJU Press at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
4. Responsibility of Website Visitors. BJU Press has not reviewed, and cannot review, all the Content made available through the sites to which the Blog links, and that link to the Blog. Nor is BJU Press responsible for any site’s Content, use or effects. By linking to a site, BJU Press does not represent or imply that it endorses the site. BJU Press disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of any such linked website.
The Content appearing on the Blog could include technical, typographical, or other errors. BJU Press disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Blog, or from any downloading by those visitors of Content there posted. BJU Press does not warrant that any of the Content on the Blog is accurate, complete, or current. Changes to the Content contained on the Blog may take place at any time without notice. BJU Press does not, however, make any commitment to update the Content.
5. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Bob Jones University, Inc., its affiliates, and its representatives, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Blog, including, but not limited to, your violation of this Agreement.
6. Changes. BJU Press reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. By using the Blog you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of the Agreement. New features and/or services that BJU Press adds to the Blog shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
7. Disclaimer. The materials on the Blog are provided “as is.” BJU Press makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, BJU Press does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the Content on the Blog or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to the Blog. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain materials or services through the Blog at your own discretion and risk.
8. Limitation of Liability. In no event will BJU Press, or its suppliers, licensors, affiliates or representatives be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; or (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data. BJU Press shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
9. Termination. BJU Press may terminate your access to all or part of the Blog at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
10. Copyright Infringement. BJU Press respects the intellectual property rights of others and asks that others do the same. If you believe that material located on or linked to by the Blog violates your copyright, please notify BJU Press in accordance with The Digital Millennium Copyright Act. BJU Press will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material.
11. Miscellaneous. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Blog will be governed by the laws of the state of South Carolina, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Greenville County, South Carolina.
Posted March 26, 2014