Little kids have big imaginations. Empty boxes can become caves, minivans, even rocket ships. Dressing up adds to the adventure. A plain bathrobe can transform them into superheroes. Add a pair of fur-lined boots, and suddenly they’re trekking through a frozen wilderness in search of polar bears.
This month, kids can create their own bug masks with some help from our free templates. Download the template to make a bee mask, a cricket mask, or a ladybug mask. Or make all three! Just follow the instructions below to get kids started on their own bug adventure.
Supplies to gather
Bee mask | Cricket mask | Ladybug mask
- clear tape
- hole punch
- crayons/markers/colored pencils
- glitter (optional)
- glue (optional)
Steps to follow
- Print out the mask template.
- Cut out the gray areas of the printout.
- Use a hole punch where indicated.
- Color and decorate the mask.
- Allow it to dry completely, if needed.
- Tie a piece of yarn to each hole to make a headband.
- Tie the mask around the child’s forehead, and let the fun begin!
What other fun crafts do you and your children enjoy doing? Let me know how your bug mask turned out by commenting below.