So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
God created us in His own image. Because we are created in the image of God, we have the ability to think, to create, to communicate, to foster relationships, and much more. We are patterned after Him.
March is Women’s History Month—a great opportunity for us to take the time to remember women who have used their God-given gifts and abilities to influence the world around them. Throughout this month, you may want to take time with your students to study the lives of some notable women in history. Download our Women in American History crossword puzzle (view answers) and clue sheet to survey famous women in the United States, or check out some of the resources below.
- Women’s History for Teachers from the Library of Congress
- Women’s History Teaching Resources from the Smithsonian
- Free Printables about Women’s History from TIME for Kids®
- The Scholastic Encyclopedia of Women in the United States
- Remember the Ladies: 100 Great American Women by Cheryl Harness
What resources have you found helpful when teaching your students about the women in our history?