One of my colleagues is eight months pregnant. So she allowed the second grade class to give her baby a name while she was expecting. They chose Sparkle.
The teachers in my grade level had the privilege of planning a baby shower for her. I had a great time getting ideas from Pinterest and turning them into reality.
- Twisted crepe paper, in our shower colors of yellow and pink, to cover my French doors
- Pink and yellow “balloon curtains” to top off the doors
- A banner that said Sparkle
I made a simple flower arrangement with a Gerbera daisy, some additional daisies, and carnations. Since we were serving lemonade punch, I added lemons to the glass jar vase that I put the flowers in. It was a nice simple decoration that added a little extra color.
When the guests arrived they signed the onesie guest book. Our art teacher drew a small monkey (based on the theme from the nursery) to decorate the onesie. It’s a lovely keepsake for Sparkle.
Many of the teachers pitched in, and we had a beautiful spread of food:
- Rice Krispies® treats decorated with pink and white frosting
- Pink Oreo® pops
- Chips and salsa
- Mexican appetizer cups (the mom-to-be just loves Mexican food!)
- A beautiful vegetable tray
- A cheese ball and crackers
- Chocolate-dipped strawberries decorated with pink sparkles
The beverage choices were a simple punch of pink lemonade mixed with Sprite® or water bottles that were decorated with various pink patterned paper and a Sparkle tag.
We had many gifts that were all opened with great appreciation! It was wonderful for us to spend time together outside of the workplace. And we all had a chance to “sparkle.”
How do you spend time outside of school with your colleagues?